The start of the dance year is a very exciting one for me. These are some of the things I love about a fresh new year:
1. Finding new music and come up with new concepts for routines- This is so fun because I love coming up with new, creative ideas for routines. Although the music search can take hours and be frustrating because you are trying to find that perfect song for an idea you have, it is so much fun. When you find the perfect song for a group of dancers it is exciting imagining the what the routine will look like when it is all put together.
2. New costume books- Towards the end of summer the costume catalogs start rolling in and I love looking through them imagining what ones would go with the different ideas for dances that we are planning. They will sometimes even inspire the ideas for routines.
3. New dancewear/ shoes- Starting a new dance year is just like starting the new school year — everyone comes in with new “school supplies”. We need new tap shoes, jazz shoe, ballet shoes, leotards- it is fun to your new dance wear every year!
4. New choreography- It is really fun to plan out the choreography for all of the new routines we are starting. I imagine what the routine will look like come February when we first get on stage and it is exciting to imagine the process and journey the students are about to go on.
5. New inspiration and challenges- It is really exciting to see what the dancers are inspired by and hoping to challenge themselves to achieve this coming year. The growth over the course of the year is truly amazing.
Happy New Dance Year!!!!
to River Rhythms Dance Center online, your information source for Baldwinsville's premiere dance instruction center. Whether you've just discovered RRDC and want to learn more, or just need to check a dancer's schedule, this is the place for you. Here you'll find info on all our dance classes, breaking RRDC news, up-to-date info on current and upcoming events, and much more.